Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2017 PVR West Rally...... We Got It !!!!!!!!  (Read 1832 times)

Rod Jackson

• President of Phoenix Vulcan Riders
  • Officers
2017 PVR West Rally...... We Got It !!!!!!!!
« on: May 16, 2016, 03:33:02 PM »
I know you might think the 2017 rally is a long way out. And if you look at the calendar, it is. But we all know, if we wait around, it?ll be on us sooner than we thought, and we?ll be scrambling tying up loose ends.
That?s why I?m sending out this letter to everyone. We need to choose a location to have the rally.
This is what we need from those of you that have an ideal place. We need you to tell us where you?d like to host the Rally. If you choose someplace like ?? I?ll just say Yuma Az. We need you to tell the club about the rides you?d like for us to do. Remember we are a Riding Club. You also need to come up with an idea of a hotel/motel for us to stay. I?m not saying you need to go to the hotel, just make a phone call. Ask things like how many room they have, do they offer group rates, SWIMMING POOL!!, breakfast, parking for?? I guess we can start with 50 or so bikes, things like that. Places for dinner. See if they can reserve a spot for up to 75 people. I?m sure I?m leaving something out, but this is a start.
We are also going to need some members to actually ride the proposed rides. Members to visit the hotels and restaurants. Members to make calls, and write letters to sponsors asking for gifts for raffles, and more. As you see, we do have a lot of work ahead of us.
I?ve been on the Officers Board for a few years now, and I saw how when we all worked together as a Member Driven Club how we can get this done without to many issues. All we need is for we, the members of Phoenix Vulcan Riders to step up and chip in.
Thank you for your efforts in advance. We all know together we can get this done. Like I Said Before??. I Think Our Rally In Cottonwood Blew The Other Rally?s Away!!!!

Rod Jackson
PVR President.....
Rod Jackson
PVR President
602-370-5649
bats2000@cox.net

john howard

Re: 2017 PVR West Rally...... We Got It !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 09:33:08 AM »
    is there going to be an agenda with a list of things to do , posted so members can think about what they feel they would be interested in helping with, is a commitee going to be organized to follow up and help with all duty's.  :)

Rod Jackson

• President of Phoenix Vulcan Riders
  • Officers
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 03:37:40 PM »
Yes !!!!
At the next officers meeting discuss what positions we will need in the planing committee, and as soon as we come up with what is needed it'll be posted.
And I hope we can get as many people as possible to jump in and help... 
Rod Jackson
PVR President
602-370-5649
bats2000@cox.net

Gary Zimmermann

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 08:01:37 PM »
I would suggest looking at the highs and lows of the four previous rallies and look for common elements of what worked and what didn't.  I have attended all four rallies and would rank them, best to worst, as: 1) Cottonwood, 2) Idylwild, 3) Vegas, and 4) San Diego.  That's just me, and I am likely biased.  If anyone would like to compare notes, we ca look at why I've ranked them in that order.