Username: Password:

Author Topic: Night Ride Saturday Sept. 26th to Roosevelt Lake  (Read 3484 times)

David Viator

Night Ride Saturday Sept. 26th to Roosevelt Lake
« on: September 18, 2015, 05:16:52 PM »
I would like to invite any and all riders to join me and Hornet(I hope) for a evening ride. I used to plan one summer night ride a year and would like to start doing it again so here goes. The plan would be to meet at Kelly's Kawi at 6;30pm on Saturday night the 26th and ride the loop around Roosevelt Lake.  Westbound on US-60 first with a pie break at Judy's in Globe and perhaps another stop at Roosevelt bridge for a pic or two and returning on the 89 into Fountain Hills. There I would head down to the 202 and Hornet would most likely take Shea into town. This is a Wildcat ride so it should be relaxed and without formation of a group or pack of bikes. I encourage everyone to go at their own pace and give a little more room between riders. Two weeks ago I was 2 feet from hitting a huge deer outside Globe at full speed so I want to be as safe as possible. I'm hoping no storms that night! If your not all that comfortable with riding at night then this is your chance to do full ride with friends after dark???  Lets Ride!

john howard

Re: Night Ride Saturday Sept. 26th to Roosevelt Lake
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 08:12:50 AM »
keep in mind, we have planned this for the full moon..be able to see better.during night riding I recommend one up verses staggard.if deer ,coyote,or javalina jump out of the weeds you might not want to be riding on right side of lane.THIS IS NOT PLANNED AS AN AGGRESSIVE PACE RIDE.

Gary Zimmermann

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 09:19:25 AM »
I'll need a few days yet to see what the week brings, but I'm definitely interested...I love night riding!

Bert Merriman

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 07:12:21 PM »
Sounds like fun. I hope to see you all there.